Friends of Mothers Initiative Ltd (FMI) was founded in 2015 by a group of skilled youths and the community members after a careful assessment of social crises in Mbale district. FMI is a local NGO, which strives to actively promote the productivity, innovativeness and self-reliance of disadvantaged people within the underserved communities.
After careful assessment of the social crises, community members realized a significant lack of intervention in the crises, FMI was therefore conceived to provide informal and formal sensitizations, advocacy and extending practical support to many underserved communities to improve their living conditions.
FMI as a local NGO is very active in promoting the productivity, innovativeness and self-reliance of the communities:
FMI Ltd's major objectives are:
- Promoting access to finance through technical support to SACCOs.
- Providing scholastic materials and other costs of education to the needy children.
- Promoting environmental conservation.
- Providing marketing and other support services to coffee farmers.
- Capacity building in areas of agriculture, human rights, financial literacy and crosscutting issues.
"A world in which everyone attains the access to health, protection, development and participation".
"Leveraging the unique potential of communities to end poverty for themselves, their families, their communities, their countries and the world".